Agriturismo Il Cavaliere is located in the open countryside, a few km from Marcellano, in the township of Gualdo Cattaneo.
Situated on the top of a small hill, Marcellano is a delightful village built on the ruins of a medieval castle overlooking the valley.
It is located in a strategic position, in the hearth of Umbria, at easy reach to all the most important Umbrian towns of art and history such as …
Todi 15 km/ Montefalco 15 km / Spoleto 20km / Bevagna 20 km / Assisi 40 km / Perugia 40 km
Monuments and places of interest:
- Castele of Marcellano (XII secolo);
- Church of Sant’Andrea (XIV century), containing some of the works attributed to the 17th century painter Andrea Polinori and a baptismal font dated 1607;
- The Living Nativity of Marcellano (since 1984, every year from December 24th to January 6th), features a spectacular series of living tableaux scattered across the perfectly preserved Medieval old town centre. The atmosphere is extremely impressive thanks to the charm of the Castle itself, but also the accuracy with which they reconstructed the scenes of daily life in Palestine at the time of the Nativity. It ranks as one of the most popular in the center of Italy;
- The small Church of Madonna del Ponte (XVI century), at the foot of the castle with some frescos;
- Church of S. Angelo Sconsolo (XII century), near Collesecco, in Romanesque style, today in a state of abandonment.